Thursday, March 5, 2009

Rain, Rain and more Rain...

It has been rainy terribly here for the last two days and it does not look like it is going to stop until Saturday. As you have read I bought a new moto the other day but have only driven it twice because of the rain. In fact, as Nate and I were in the office filling out paperwork and about ready to leave it just started down pouring. I don't think I have seen it rain so hard before. We decided to leave the moto there at the shop and pick it up later. Eventually it quit raining and Nate picked up the moto for me and brought it to the base. After evening activities with the teams we left for home and it was not raining at that moment we were getting ready to leave but right when I pulled out on the road it started pouring again. My first time riding the bike I had to do in the dark with it pouring down rain. Needless to say I was soaked when I got home but thankfully arrived safely. I am still learning how to shift on the bike and things like that so it was quite an adventure to do that in the dark with it rainy so hard. Also, it is confusing because there is a handle break which is for the front and I always think that it is the back brake. The back break is actually located by my right foot. I was a little nervous a few times that I might go flying over the handle bars.

No comments: