- We have to remember to turn the well pump on at least once a week for several hours if we don't want to run out of water in our house. This has happened once already... (no showers for us that morning)
- When the electricity gets turned off, we have to remember to turn everything off, especially if we plan on leaving before it has turned back on. This happened the other day, and we had to leave. When we got home 6 hours later everything was on... which is bad for the power bill :)
- Currently our hot water heater only provides about a 3 minute warm-to-hot shower... shower fast!
- Before we eat any fruits or vegetables, they all have to be soaked/washed in iodine for 7 minutes.
- If I don't want a cockroach invasion, I have to make "special" cockroach food/poison. This gets placed by all their entry points into the house and in all the cupboards and drawers.
- The sun is slightly showing itself about 6:30am and it is completely dark by 7:30pm - this is fairly consistent year round.
Well, that's all I can think of for now... more to come later I'm sure!