Monday, August 3, 2009

Summer Recap

The summer is almost finished! We are so happy with how this summer turned out and glad that we can say we have made it through one summer... YEAH! We are older and wiser now... or something like that :) We have a long list of what to change, add, or keep and are excited to implement that into the spring program.

My summer recap:
  • saw several teens make the decision that Jesus was going to be their God - AMEN!
  • adopted Lucy
  • saw my first serious accident... still praying for you Pat
  • witnessed about 150 teens and adults alike take the "servant challenge" (servant challenge= tying a rag around one's wrist committing to seeking out ways to serve others even when it's not convenient, pleasant, normal, or comfortable)
  • was in my first car accident (3 days ago... don't worry, I'm okay and it wasn't my fault)
  • learned a lot about myself, Josh, and our working styles

I wish I could say that I did something really crazy or ate something disgusting... but really I just leave that up to my dogs :) Lucy eats nasty bugs all the time.

All in all, this has been a great experience, and I know that so much more lies ahead of us. We are so excited for what the future holds.

What's next for us?

After this group leaves Saturday all the staff have the week off for rest. Then on Friday we all go to the beach for a staff retreat... it is mandatory that we have fun :) On Monday 17th we fly home to WA for Melody's wedding!!! We will leave August 28th and return to finish final preparations for the semester team that arrives September 6th. They will be with us until Dec. 17th. We follow shortly after, returning for Christmas break on Dec. 21.

Highlight of my day?

Watching Lucy jump from the second stair and fly through the air right into Snickers head... it was hysterical!

No comments: